Get the most out of your fundraising efforts
- Start early. Order your merchandise and start selling early. The more aware all the students are, the more likely they are to be involved.
- Dress Yellow day. Prior to the day send out regular reminders to wear yellow that day and make a donation. Then make several trips around the school to collect funds so you don’t miss anyone.
- Extra donations. Put donation boxes in prominent positions, such as at the tuckshop, to collect change.
- Hijack an existing event. Organise your fundraising activities to take advantage of an event that is already happening, such as a school assembly, play or concert.
- Decorate the school in yellow. Use the posters and balloons and turn your school ‘yellow’ for the day.
- Compete to raise funds. Have competitions between classes or year levels. Maybe your school could provide a reward?
- Get creative. There are plenty of other ways to get students at your school excited about Daffodil Day. If you think of something new and different, we’d love to hear about it through our Facebook page.
You can also use one of our school activities and teach your students, in a more interactive way, about Daffodil Day and cancer. Follow the schools activity program here