Get your students involved this Daffodil Day!
Raising awareness is an important part of fundraising. Introducing Daffodil Day and cancer in the classroom will help your students understand why and how they are contributing to beating cancer and growing hope for Daffodil Day. Your class can help grow hope and make a difference to the many lives affected by cancer.
Daffodil Day School Lesson Plans
We have developed engaging lesson plans for you to raise awareness of cancer and teach students the meaning of Daffodil Day within the school classroom.
These activities will help your students to gain an understanding of Daffodil Day and cancer, as well as communicating the importance of raising funds and taking on an active approach for charities now and in the future.
There are two lesson plans:
1. Devise a Gardening Lesson to teach your students about the importance of Daffodil Day
2. Introduce an Arts & Crafts Activity where your class can express the importance of cancer awareness by creating a unified ‘hope wall’
Your students’ creations will also have the chance to be featured on our Facebook page!
Links to Board of Studies Syllabus
Our activity plan effectively aligns with the K – 6 Board of Studies Syllabus:
• Social and emotional growth and development patterns
• Encourages an understanding and valuing of self and others
• Develop and maintain friendships and work cooperatively as a group member
• Express needs, wants, feelings, ideas and opinions