Get the most out of your fundraising efforts
Here are some quick hints and ideas for raising money at your workplace:
- Wear yellow. Encourage everyone to wear something yellow on Daffodil Day. Prior to the day, send out regular reminders. Organise a donation box in a prominent position of the office, and make several trips around the office to collect donations so you don’t miss people who aren’t at their desks.
- Hijack an existing event. Organise your fundraising activities to take advantage of an event that is already happening, such as your work or sport team meeting, an office celebration or morning tea.
- Decorate the office in yellow. Use the posters and balloons or add a personal touch with your own innovations such as streamers or party hats.
- Compete to raise funds. Have competitions with your friends or work colleagues to see who can raise the most money.
- Dollar-for-dollar matching. Ask your employer to support your fundraising efforts by matching the funds you raise.
- Hold a yellow event. Why not organise your very own healthy Daffodil Day breakfast, guest speaker, auction, raffle or competition?