DAFFODIL DAY 2017 - EARLY BANKING COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Instructions to enter the Daffodil Day 2017 Early Banking Competition (the Competition) form part of these conditions.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition, registered supporters (Entrants) must bank a minimum of $120 by 11:59pm on 12th September 2017. Entry is automatic, based on banking to your state or territory Cancer Council organisation by 11:59pm on 12th September 2017.
3. The promoter of this Competition is Cancer Council Australia, address: Level 14, 477 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000, ABN 91 130 793 725 (the Promoter).
4. Employees of the Promoter and its members are ineligible to enter the Competition.
5. Each Entrant will only be eligible for one automatic entry into the Competition.
6. The Competition is open to Australian resident Entrants only.
7. The start date of the Competition is Monday 3rd July 2017.
8. Entries close at 11.59pm on Tuesday 12th September 2017.
9. The prize will be drawn at the Promoter’s office at 12pm on Thursday 21st September 2017.
10. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry. However, in the event of a dispute, the prize will be awarded to the email account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit the Entrant’s entry.
11. The prize is a Darwin Getaway for two people including:
• Three nights’ accommodation including breakfast at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin which overlooks the famous Darwin Esplanade.
• Return economy flights for two from any Australian state/territory capital city to Darwin (the Prize).
12. The winner of the Competition will be notified in writing via email or phone. The Prize voucher will be mailed to the winner within twenty-one (21) days of the draw. The Promoter and its members accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail. If the winner does not claim the Prize by 25th October 2017, the Prize will be re-drawn on the 1st November 2017.
13. The winner will also be announced on the Daffodil Day website: https://www.daffodilday.com.au/get-involved/bank-and-win/
14. Should an Entrant’s contact details change, it is the Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any technological malfunction or failure, Internet traffic congestion, or for outdated or incorrect contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on relevant dates.
15. The Prize is not transferrable and is not redeemable for cash.
16. Prize is valid until 30th March 2018.
17. If the Prize is not claimed, a second draw will be held at 12pm on 1st November 2017 to re-draw the Prize. The Prize will be re-drawn at the Promoter’s address: Level 14, 477 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The winner of the redraw will be notified via email or phone. The winner of the re-draw must claim the Prize by 20th November 2017. The Prize is valid until 30th March 2018.
18. Once the Prize vouchers have been distributed to the winner, it is the winner’s responsibility to liaise directly to the Reservations Department of DoubleTree at (08) 8943 3600 in Darwin to organise dates to redeem the hotel part of the prize before 30th March 2018. The winner will then need to contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem the flights.
19. The winner MUST inform the Promoter of the dates booked to claim the Prize, and the Promoter will liaise with the winner, to coordinate return flights for the winner and guest.
20. Extending or adding passengers, dates and destinations is not permitted.
21. No frequent flyer points are awarded and no upgrades are permitted.
22. Items of a personal nature including but not limited to drinks, spending money, snacks, most meals, additional sightseeing, and entertainment are not included.
23. Should a flight be cancelled or become available, we will endeavour to place the passengers on an alternate carrier.
24. The Promoter will not be held responsible for additional incidental costs incurred by the winner and guest, as a part of the Prize.
25. The Promoter does not provide transfers to and from the airport in Darwin or local airport at origin.
26. The winner and guest will be responsible for familiarising themselves with the terms and conditions and will be subject to, the terms and conditions of the flight carrier provided as a part of the Prize.
27. If the Prize winner is under the age of 18 at the time of the draw, they MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian when redeeming the prize.
28. By redeeming or attempting to redeem a DoubleTree by Hilton voucher, individuals are bound by the Terms and Conditions of the Prize voucher, outlined in points 33- 35.
29. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin voucher for overnight accommodation, including breakfast can only be redeemed DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin at 122 The Esplanade, Darwin, NT 0800.
30. DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin voucher for overnight accommodation, including breakfast is valid until and must be claimed by 30th March 2018.
31. The Promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter correspondence regarding the competition result.
32. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
33. This Prize includes 3 overnight accommodation at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Darwin, including breakfast for 2 people, and return economy flights for 2 people from any Australian state/territory capital city to Darwin (flights are not provided by DoubleTree).
34. The winner must contact in-house reservations to make their booking and present original voucher at check-in. Miscellaneous charges to be paid for by guest on check-out.
35. The DoubleTree by Hilton Darwin voucher is subject to availability, Blockout Dates and is not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
36. Blockout Dates include Saturday nights, public holidays and special events periods.
37. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prize to cancel or vary the competition, or cancel, vary or withdraw its Prize. If the Promoter cancels or varies a competition, or cancels, varies or withdraws its Prize, is not: a) liable to any person for any costs, loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or b) required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
38. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not be liable for, and an entrant releases the Promoter from, liabilities relating to any direct or indirect loss or damage which is suffered, or for personal injury or sickness suffered or sustained, as a result of entering the Competition, failing to win, winning, accepting or using the Prize.