Register to get your very own fundraising page.
Then follow these steps for fundraising success:
1. Personalise your page
Set your goal, share your story and upload photos
3. Share your page
Spread the word about your fundraiser via email and social media
4. Ask for donations
Ask your friends and family for donations online, by phone or in person
5. Thank your supporters
A thank you goes a long way, be sure to thank your supporters by email, phone or in person
6. Bank your funds
If you’ve been given cash for your fundraiser, simply log in to your fundraising page and transfer it online
Fundraise and WIN!
Register your fundraising event today and you could be in the running for some great prizes!
Register to fundraise today, raise funds and you'll go in the draw to win a stylish yellow bike.
There are so many ways you can raise money.
Choose an idea below or do something brand new!
- Host a yellow morning or afternoon tea*
- Hold an event– put on a quiz night, art class, games night, or dinner party*
- Run a raffle or auction– get donations to put on a raffle or auction*
- Hold a competition – try a guessing game, talent show or yellow fancy dress competition*
- Turn your community yellow – decorate your gym class or sporting event
- Hold a dress yellow day or meeting – for a donation, encourage your group to dress up in yellow and give a prize to the best dressed
* Take this online via Zoom, Skype or social media.
If you're isolating, you can raise funds virtually from the comfort of your own home, see our ideas above marked with an *.
Every 4 minutes another Australian is diagnosed with cancer.
Together we can stop this.
Kalgoorlie resident, Amber O’Grady, has held a Daffodil Day Appeal fundraiser at her hair boutique since 2015 to honour her mum, who passed away from non-small cell lung cancer.
“Over the time of my mother’s illness and passing we have had many clients, and family members of Mesmerised that have had cancer effect their lives,” Amber says.
“It is great to support the Cancer Council.
“We take donations throughout August and we donate 100% of sales on the day to Cancer Council.”
Amber says her biggest tip to other fundraisers is to talk about the cause.
“Get people talking and aware of the cause and the donations will follow.”